CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The things I LOVE to do in my spare time

Lately I have been in the crafty mood. And when I say lately I mean.... my whole life. I have ALWAYS loved doing quilts, scrapbooking, etc. but I never really have had a lot of time to do it. Well, these are the projects I've been doing this last month. I started at the end of November with all of these and been going strong ever since.
This is a baby blanket that I crocheted around...it also has a matching burping pad. I have done several of these over the years that I just save in my hope chest for later on when I need it.

This is a quilt I made today actually. Its not a great picture but I'll tell you a short history behind this quilt. Every year for the past couple of years my grandma gives me a couple doleys for christmas and birthdays. I had so many I didn't know what to do with so I decided to take a lot of them and mount them on a quilt. I am not quite finished with it...but I really like it. Its something I will be able to keep for a long time and always remind me of my grandma and some of the things she has made me. I thought it turned out pretty good.


I've also been making aprons lately. I might end up trying to sell them at some point once I perfect them but I'm not to that point yet. I've just been making some though for me and friends and family. These are a few that I have done over the past couple weeks.

I tied this quilt yesterday. My mom helped me. It went really fast and then I bound it all up by hand while watching Anne of Green Gables. I had never bound a quilt by hand so it was fun. It is a full size quilt but I did it up closer so you could see the pattern better.

I have also been making cards the past month or so. Its been a lot of fun. I have about 180 made now. I also am planning on trying to sell these at some point too ... but we'll see what happens. Here are a few different ones I have done.
Well those are a few projects that have been keeping me busy lately. It's been a lot of fun doing them. I'm always up for some good old fashion craft time.

Hope you enjoyed!

4 comments:

Miss Melis said...

Love it BIB!

Cali Haynie Rutter said...

Bib all of those are incredible! I love that doily quilt. It is beautiful and what a special thing!! I've been trying to get more crafty lately! I got a sewing machine for Christmas I am really excited about. You'll have to give me a few tips! All of these are great!!

Unknown said...

I wish I was you! Love your projects...

jenandjustin said...

Wow Bib! You have been crafty lately! I love it! For some reason the quilt photos didn't pull up on my blog so, you'll have to show them to me next time we are there!!